IngredientsServing Size: 1 slice
1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
1 pound yellow squash, thinly sliced
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups milk
salt and pepper
- Place zucchini and squash in a shallow bowl, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Let sit for 30 minutes (salt will pull water from vegetables so that quiche will not be watery).
- Preheat oven to 375F. Blot vegetables with paper towels to absorb all moisture.
- Add eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper to your Whiskware™ Egg Mixer and whisk together.
- Arrange half the zucchini and squash slices in a quiche baking dish and sprinkle with half the cheese. Layer the remaining zucchini and squash and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top, then shake the dish a few times so that eggs flow into all the nooks and crannies.
- Bake quiche for 50-60 minutes, until eggs are set and top is golden brown.
WHIP THIS UP WHEN…
Delicious served warm or cold, this quiche works with any variety of summer squash.
The Whiskware™ Egg Mixer whips up perfectly frothy eggs in a flash, and features a built-in egg cracker, a removable egg separator, and minimal mess.