Mixing sweet and savory flavors is a booming foodie trend, and we’re all for it. Really, we’re all for snacks in general—because we love to nibble, and because we believe our Whiskware™ Snacking Containers are a perfect solution to tote treats anywhere you go. Mix up your snack routine with one (or more) of these delicious combos, and get a taste of what sweet and savory flavor blending is all about.
- PBJ and pretzels. Peanut butter and jelly is surely the original sweet and savory treat. For snack time, try this twist on traditional PB&J: fill separate containers with peanut butter, jam, and pretzel sticks—then double dip the pretzels when you’re ready to munch.
- Banana chips, raisins, and cottage cheese. Stir plump raisins into plain cottage cheese, then use dried banana chips to scoop the mix into your mouth.
- Jerky and dried pineapple. Easy to eat on the go, chew chunks of beef or turkey jerky and fruit together for a sweet, salty, satisfying fix.
- Sriracha tortilla chips and peanut butter. At first it sounds a little strange. But think about your favorite spicy Thai peanut sauce and you’ll understand our inspiration for Sriracha-flavored tortilla chips dipped in peanut butter.
- Fruit and cheese. The combinations are endless. Try Honeycrisp apples and Havarti, pear and sharp cheddar, red grapes and Edam, and dried dates and Manchego. Add a few walnuts for extra crunch.
- Chocolate, cherry, cashew mix. Toss together chocolate chips, dried cherries, and salted cashews. Or mix any favorite sweet chips (white chocolate, yogurt, butterscotch), dried fruit (cranberry, pineapple, blueberry, dates), and nuts (almond, peanut, pecan) for a sweet and savory trail mix.
- Hummus, pita chips, and sugared nuts. Dip pita chips in red pepper hummus, then top with a few honey-roasted or maple-glazed almonds or peanuts for a sweet flavor pop.
- Watermelon and feta. Mix watermelon balls with chunks of feta cheese. A few leaves of chopped fresh mint or basil will enhance both the sweet fruit and salty cheese flavors.
- Chili-spiced mango and yogurt. Stir pieces of dried or fresh chili-spiced mango into plain Greek yogurt for a delicious, cool-yet-spicy snack.
- Rosemary crackers, goat cheese, and fig jam. Spread savory goat cheese and sweet fig jam on herbed rosemary crackers. Then sit back and say, “Yum!”
- Wasabi peas, peanuts, coconut chips, and dried cranberries. A kick of wasabi spices up this fun, fiery, fruity mix.
- Salted dark chocolate almond milk. Want a quick way to get your sweet and savory fix? Just sprinkle a pinch of sea salt atop a glass of chilled chocolate milk.
What’s your favorite sweet and savory snack combo? We’re always hungry for new ideas. Share yours in the comments below.