Are you all set to pamper the mom in your life this weekend? Or are you struggling with how to make her Mother’s Day extra special? If so, you’re not alone, and time is running out. But don’t worry—we’re here to help. We polled the women of Whiskware to gain insight into what moms really want on Mother’s Day. Here are a number of ideas that any mom is sure to love.
- Breakfast in bed. Your mom will cherish being waited on, especially first thing in the morning to kick her day off right. Try making our Double Chocolate Pancakes or Zucchini Egg White Frittata for a special treat.
- Flowers. Flowers are breathtakingly beautiful—just like the mom in your life.
- Her favorite treat. Whether she craves all-you-can-eat frozen yogurt or longs to see the latest indie film, treat your mom to the thing she loves the most.
- A homemade card. Craft a heartfelt Mother’s Day message, along with a hand drawn picture or a print of your favorite photo.
- Jewelry. Give her Mother’s Day a boost with some special bling.
- Chocolate. Any mom is sure to appreciate the gift of chocolate.
- Favors. Surprise Mom by cleaning the house, washing the car, mowing the lawn, tackling the laundry—or all of the above.
- Dedicated down time. Create a cone of silence—a kid-, phone-, and interruption-free zone where Mom can enjoy some solo time to read or take a nap.
- Bubble bath basket. Put together a basket of do-it-yourself spa supplies—think bath salts, a scented candle, body lotion, and a comfy robe or towel—and encourage Mom to lock herself in the bathroom for an hour or two.
- A massage or spa day. Schedule a soothing experience for the mom in your life. A gift certificate is a great way to let her choose the spa service of her choice.
- Family time. Some moms prefer family togetherness to solo pampering. Plan a group hike or bike ride, or make a meal where everyone in the family chips in.
- Girls’ night out. Arrange a girls’ night out for Mom and her BFFs. Want to really wow them? Secretly call the restaurant and cover the tab.
There are countless ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, and they won’t all break the bank. Some simply require a little extra time and effort—and of course, a whole lot of love.
What are some more ways to honor and pamper the mom you love? Share your ideas in the comments below.