Wild Rice Fritters
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (or a blend of wild and brown rice)
- 1 cup parboiled broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Butter and olive oil (for cooking)
- Directions 1. Add eggs, salt, and pepper to your Whiskware Egg Mixer and whisk together. 2. Combine rice, broccoli, scallions, and cheese in a large bowl and stir in egg mixture. 3. Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Add equal parts (about 1 tablespoon each) of olive oil and butter. 4. Once the butter and oil blend is warm, spoon approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of fritter mix into the pan, pressing lightly to flatten (fritter should be about 1/2-inch thick). Cook for a few minutes until the bottom begins to brown
- then flip and continue cooking on opposite side until nicely browned all over.
WHIP THIS UP WHEN: Upcycle leftover rice by transforming it into these tasty fritters. DON'T FORGET: The Whiskware Egg Mixer whips up perfectly frothy eggs in a flash, and features a built-in egg cracker, a removable egg separator, and minimal mess.