Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 20 slices white bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread the sugar mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the apple pie filling evenly over the sugar mixture. Layer the bread slices on top of the filling, pressing down as you go. Mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a Whiskware Egg Mixer , and shake until smooth. Slowly pour this mixture over the bread, making sure that it is completely absorbed. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place covered pan into the oven and bake for 60 to 75 minutes. When done, remove from oven and turn on broiler. Remove foil and drizzle maple syrup on top of the egg topping
- broil for 2 minutes, or until syrup begins to caramelize. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then cut into squares. Invert the pan onto a serving tray or baking sheet so the apple filling is on top. Serve hot.
WHIP THIS UP WHEN: You plan ahead for a sweet, scrumptious morning meal that won't disappoint. DON'T FORGET: The Whiskware Egg Mixer whips up perfectly frothy eggs in a flash, and features a built-in egg cracker, a removable egg separator, and minimal mess.
Carbs 60.5 grams, Cholesterol 101 milligrams, Fat 12.9 grams, Protein 6.1 grams, Saturated Fat 7 grams, Sodium 370 milligrams, Sugar 23.3 grams, Calories 375